Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life with twins and teenagers :)

So, as I've been taking advantage of Jessica's (13) and Christopher's (11, almost 12) help over the last few weeks, I am constantly amazed at how God has blessed me with them with them. I am so thankful that this was a group decision and that we were all totally sold out to the idea of adoption. It never would have worked otherwise.


To know that we all felt God's leading to adopt and that Jessica and Christopher are still so helpful and energetic with the twins, after the "honeymoon" has worn off, is more confirmation that we are where we are supposed to be. Now, don't get me wrong...I'm sure many of you are thinking to yourselves "Boy, are they in for a shock! Wait until the "new" wears off." I am not delusional, I promise. I do know that Jessica and Christopher will struggle at times, but when I see them pick up one of their baby brothers and see their face light up with joy, I know that they are totally in love with their new little brothers. I see Christopher run in the room and say "How's my sweet baby brother??" and I am constantly hearing "Mom, do you need my help?" and I know that I am so blessed.


We've been getting ready for school to start on August 13th. While the rest of Austin and Texas and probably the whole world, will be starting in late August to early September, our school decided to start early. Thankfully, both Jessica and Christopher are ready to go back to school, no doubt, in part, so that they will be away from fussy babies for most of the day (not that they're complaining-yet). They are finished with their summer reading and enjoying the freedom that the next 2 weeks will bring.

I am slowly, but surely, getting into a routine with Joshua and Josiah. They're eating better and seem to be gaining some weight, not that they are in need of more rolls on their legs and arms...

We went to our first Austin Ethiopia event as a family this past Saturday. Mom was here with us and we all went to my friend Heather's house for a backyard BBQ. I was surprised by how many of us in Austin are either currently in the adoption process or have completed it. There were ALOT of little Ethiopian children there. It's so neat to know that Joshua and Josiah will have a group in Austin that they can grow up with and relate to. I know that it will be a blessing in the years to come to know other Ethiopian children that have been adopted.

More later...

0 comments: