Friday, July 25, 2008

Interesting what we found out today...

We had to go in for the second round of vaccines and a chest/rib xray for Joshua and Josiah today. Thankfully, Matthew was able to go to the appointment with me. I don't know what a single mom with twins does to survive. Really! How, on earth, do you manage 2 babies at one time?? I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what I'm going to do to survive when the day comes that I have to do something by myself with these guys! Like go to the grocery store or doctor's office...Yikes! Am I pitiful or what??

Chest xrays were completely normal. However, we have results for the stool samples. Both of the boys tested positive in all 3 samples for parasites. Yes, I know that it was a likely probability, but I was hoping for the best. ICK! ICK! ICK! They have to take 3 days of medicine and hopefully that will clear it up and we won't have to repeat the process all over again.

And, Joshua tested positive for a bacteria in one of his samples, called Shigella. If you Google it, you'll find lots of lovely info on this particular bacteria. The strange thing is that Joshua didn't have any of the symptoms of Shigella. If he had it, we'd have definitely known it. It's a BAD bacteria! So, Dr. Albert seems to think that Matthew may have cross-contaminated one of the samples when he was changing the diaper, since we never figured out what he was so sick with in Ethiopia. When I looked Googled it, sure enough, Matthew had the worst of the symptoms. So, it looks like we've discovered what the cause of Matthew's horrible sickness was. YAY!!

0 comments: