Monday, September 22, 2008

They're Walking :)

Both of the boys are walking now - YAY!! We like to say that they are "waddlers" instead of toddlers. They waddle back and forth, back and forth, back and forth and eventually fall down. But, they are walking more and more every day, for which I am extremely thankful for.

Joshua and Josiah are hysterical these days. Josiah likes to scrunch up his nose and put on a fake smile. Then, when you laugh at him, he cracks up laughing. Joshua also gets a big kick out of making us laugh. This afternoon, we caught Josiah throwing a plastic ball, then he threw his hands up in the air and started clapping for himself, saying "Yayyyyy!". Joshua caught on very quickly and immediately started doing the exact same thing.

The boys are gaining weight very quickly. Josiah weighed 27 pounds about 2.5 weeks ago and I'm sure that Joshua is not far behind. In fact, I've been noticing that Joshua looks a whole lot more like Josiah now that he's filled out some. When Matthew gives them a haircut, they definitely look like they are identical. I don't think we'll ever know if they're identical or fraternal...

Jessica is enjoying playing volleyball for Summit right now and Christopher is in the throws of flag football. School is a bit more challenging, but we're so proud of how the 2 of them have really buckled down and taken school very seriously so far. Yay!

As I'm writing this, I'm overwhelmed that we're almost through the first 9 weeks of school. Somehow, I thought that having 1 year olds again would slow time down again. I remember when Jessica and Christopher were toddlers (18 mos apart), sometimes it seemed like time came to a standstill. Then, there were other times that I would do a double-take and wonder where on earth all the time had gone. As Christopher is about to celebrate his 12th birthday and Jessica is coming up on her 14th (YIKES), I am stunned that life is passing so quickly. There are parts of the day that time passes so slowly, and then we go pick up Jessica and Christopher and I realize that time has sped up again and the day is already over AGAIN.

One last thing...if you think about it, please stop and praise the Lord for His goodness in your life. I'm remembering our days in Ethiopia and how happy most of those precious people were in the midst of extreme poverty and hardship. Maybe someday I'll blog about our daily adventures while we were in Addis, but I'm still not sure that is something that I'm supposed to do. I'll let you know.

Blessings, Heather

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I was struck by your comments about how happy the Ethiopians are in their poverty. Me and my wife found the same thing. We also adopted two boys (not related) and I could not get over how happy and sweet everyone was. One Ethiopian told me it was because of their faith, another simplicity. In either case, we're so prosperous here but so grumpy and stressed out. Nice blog, BTW.