Thursday, September 11, 2008

I've been so busy lately, just trying to keep up with 4 kids, that I haven't had a chance to update the blog lately. If you've been anxiously waiting for an update, I apologize for slacking off and will try to update more often.

After our last round of treatment for Giardia, we've seen MUCH improvement, Praise the Lord! We completed the Flagyl and Joshua completed the Omnicef for his ear infection and Shigella. We saw immediate results during the treatment, then saw things start to decline again. Oy!

So, I headed into the pediatrician's office, yet one more time to see have her look at the boys ears. They had run fever for a few days and were pulling at their ears, so I decided to bite the bullet and take both of them in myself. BTW, I am very proud of myself, as this is a major accomplishment for me. She checked both of them and said that Josiah was fine, but that Joshua still had an ear infection in the same ear. She asked us to do ANOTHER stool sample because things still weren't where they should be (in the diaper department). As of yesterday afternoon, Joshua was tested negative for parasites and shigella. While most would see this as a positive, understand that it is a parasites JOB to remain undetected. So, I'm not putting much faith in the test results. However...

A dear friend suggested that I try a product known as Align (www.aligngi.com). When things started going downhill again, I bought some and started giving it to both of the boys. Poof! Instant results. It is a probiotic clinically proven to help with digestive issues. After trying several other probiotics that were useless, I'm now telling everyone I know about this product in the hopes that it will help others dealing with digestive issues.

As Tigger says, TTFN (Tata for now)!

0 comments: