Monday, April 16, 2007

A Bump In The Road...

Today was a very difficult day in our adoption process. We received word that Children’s Hope International would not represent us in our quest to adopt 2 children from Ethiopia. Due to the fact that they have only been licensed to adopt for 2 weeks, they didn’t feel like they were in a position to work around the “stated guidelines” for potential adopted parents.

While I understand that they must do what is best for their adoption agency efforts, this news devasted me for a few days. I think the hardest part was being rejected solely because I have an illness that is typically stereotyped as a life-threatening illness.

My precious husband reminded me that God created me, with my diabetes, to be exactly who He wants me to be and that this was simply a “bump in the road" that we needed to detour around.

0 comments: